GRAIN BAG & TWINE RECYCLING NOW AVAILABLE
Rolled grain bags and bagged twine can be dropped off, free of charge at the BCWMC Youngstown Landfill. Grain bags and twine must be prepared properly prior to drop off – keeping contamination to a minimum and maximizes the recyclability of the material.
• Grain bags ONLY – shake to remove debris; roll tightly and secured with twine.
• Twine ONLY – clean, dry, loosely packed and free of all debris.
• Any products not meeting specified requirements will be subject to a landfill tipping fee.
• Youngstown Landfill will be the designated recycling collection site (all other transfer stations will not accept these materials)
• Please make appointment by phone, or by person before bringing eligible materials to either site.
Youngstown Landfill (403-857-9300)
• Visit www.cleanfarms.ca to learn more about how to properly prepare your grain bags and twine for recycling and more news about the program.
MATERIALS NOT ACCEPTED – SILEAGE BAGS, BALE WRAP/NETTING, OR GRAIN BAGS AND TWINE NOT PREPARED PROPERLY.
MATERIAL NOT PREPARED PROPERLY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR RECYCLING; RESULTING IN A TONNAGE RATE FOR DISPOSAL AT YOUNGSTOWN LANDFILL
About This Program – This initiative is part of the Alberta Ag-Plastic “Recycle It” program. A three-year pilot aimed at establishing an environmentally sustainable program to recycle agricultural plastics. Funds for the pilot project were granted by the Government of Alberta and are administered by the Alberta Beef Producers.