Rural Transfer Station Operational Guidelines 2022
- NO concrete products of any kind accepted at transfer stations. All concrete must be diverted to the Landfill and a tipping fee will apply.
- NO asbestos of any kind.
- NO dump trucks or dump trailers permitted to dump in transfer station at anytime.
Must be diverted to the Landfill and a tipping fee will apply.
- NO fencing material and barbed wire – must be diverted to Landfill and a tipping fee will apply.
- NO roofing material – Asphalt, cedar, or tin roofing material must be diverted to the Landfill and a tipping fee will apply.
- Only small amount of demolition (1/2 a half ton box) all demolition must be 4 ft or smaller
Municipal Solid Waste (MSW)
- Must be bagged at all times.
- Small amounts of furniture and beds over 4 ft in length are permitted to be placed against wall; separate from waste.
- NO hazardous, medical, or liquid waste accepted of any kind.
- NO burning barrels or ashes permitted at Transfer Stations or Landfill
Tire Marshal Areas (TMA)
- Tires must be free of all debris including tubes, rims, and protective wrap. If tires do not meet recycling guidelines they are to be diverted to Landfill and a tipping fee will apply.
- Must remain within area in a uniform manner. Fill area from back to front.
Clean wood (Burn Pit)
- Clean wood and trees must go to the burn area provided. If transfer station does not have a clean wood burn area or does not meet guidelines, must be diverted to Landfill.
- Single trunk trees over 6 inch in diameter must be cut into 12-inch lengths in order to be burned. If trees do not meet guidelines they must be diverted to the landfill and tipping fee will apply.
- Wood must be free of debris, paint, stain, treat, and plastic to be burned. If material does not meet guidelines, it must be diverted to the Landfill and a tipping fee will apply.
- Clean wood will be burnt in winter months only (controlled burns).
- NO metal accepted in transfer stations. If recycle area is not provided, metal is to be diverted to Landfill or closest recycle facility. If load is not clean of all debris a tipping fee will apply.
- NO Propane Bottles – Must be diverted to a tank trader facility or Hanna Transfer to be recycled. Will not be accepted at Landfill or any other Transfer Station.
- All metal must be free of debris including wood, plastic, cardboard, etc. to be placed in recycle area.
- All metal wire including barbed wire must be diverted to the Landfill and a tipping fee will apply.
Cardboard and Mixed Paper
- Cardboard and mixed paper must be recycled into recycle bins provided.
- If recycle bins are not provided all material must be bagged to prevent litter.
- Washers, dryers, hot water tanks, dishwasher are not accepted in the transfer station and are diverted to the recycle facility and meet recycling guidelines.
Fridges, Freezers, Water Coolers, Air Conditioners
- Are not accepted in the transfer station.
- Must be recycled in upright position with doors facing each other in a row to allow access to freon.
- Units must be checked to ensure they are empty of waste material.
- There will be a $15.00/unit fee applied for Freon removal.
Agricultural Waste Disposal & Recycling
GRAIN BAG & TWINE RECYCLING NOW AVAILABLE
Rolled grain bags and bagged twine can be dropped off, free of charge at the BCWMC Youngstown Landfill. Grain bags and twine must be prepared properly prior to drop off – keeping contamination to a minimum and maximizes the recyclability of the material.
- Grain bags ONLY – shake to remove debris; roll tightly and secured with twine.
- Twine ONLY – Bagged, clean, dry, loosely packed and free of all debris.
- Any products not meeting specified requirements will be subject to a landfill tipping fee.
- Youngstown Landfill will be the designated recycling collection site (all other transfer stations will not accept these materials)
- Please make appointment by phone, or by person before bringing eligible materials to either site.
- Youngstown Landfill (403-857-9300)
- Visit www.cleanfarms.ca to learn more about how to properly prepare your grain bags and twine for recycling and more news about the program.
MATERIALS NOT ACCEPTED – SILEAGE BAGS, BALE WRAP/NETTING, OR GRAIN BAGS AND TWINE NOT PREPARED PROPERLY.
MATERIAL NOT PREPARED PROPERLY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR RECYCLING; RESULTING IN A TONNAGE RATE FOR DISPOSAL AT YOUNGSTOWN LANDFILL
NO Silage Bags – to be diverted to the Landfill.
Tipping fee will apply.
Must be rinsed, removed from packaging and empty of all contents, including liquid.
Chemical Jug Storage Area
Empty clean plastic agricultural chemical containers, 20 L or less, free of cardboard packaging and all liquid. Any containers that do not meet guidelines must be diverted to Landfill where a tipping fee will apply.
NO batteries – must be returned to place of purchase for recycle rebate or Hanna Transfer Station
NO dead animals accepted at Transfer Station or Landfill.
Burning Barrels Are Not Permitted
NO burning barrels, fire pits, ashes accepted at Transfer Stations or Landfill at anytime. Even if the customer states that they have been distinguished for a lengthy time.
NO loads of Dirt, Waste, Gravel, Concrete, Sewage, Sludge or Seed.