Tuesday to Saturday 9am to 5pm
Closed Stat Holidays
Tuesday to Saturday 9am to 5pm
Closed Stat Holidays
Attended With Recycling
Guidelines for Hanna Transfer 2022
Hours of Operation Tuesday – Saturday 9:00 am-5:00 pm Closed all Stat Holidays
TRANSFER STATION IS FOR SPECIAL AREAS RESIDENTS ONLY
MUST STOP AT STOP SIGN AND WAIT FOR ATTENDANT TO INSPECT LOAD
Construction / Demolition/ Renovation (C&D)
- NO flooring material accepted in Transfer Station Building including carpet, underlay, tile. All material in small amount’s to be diverted to designated areas located outside Hanna Transfer Station.
- NO concrete products of any kind accepted at transfer stations. All concrete must be diverted to the Landfill and a tipping fee will apply.
- NO asbestos of any kind.
- NO dump trucks or dump trailers permitted to dump in transfer station at anytime.
Must be diverted to the Landfill and a tipping fee will apply.
- Barb Wire in small amounts accepted outside transfer station in designated recycle area – must be completely free of all If barb wire does not meet recycle criteria it will be diverted to Landfill and tipping fee will apply.
- NO roofing material – Asphalt, cedar, or tin roofing material accepted in the transfer station building. Small amounts to be placed in designated area outside.
- Drywall – small amounts accepted in Transfer station building only; all drywall must be bagged.
- Demolition – Only small amounts of demolition will be permitted outside of transfer station in designated area. All construction and demo must be in 4’ or smaller.
- Toilets, fiberglass/plastic showers, small cabinets, 2 rolls of carpet, linoleum or underlay DAY/PER ITEM.
- NO furniture, beds, chairs, desks, cabinets In Transfer Station Building. All items are to be diverted to designated area outside transfer station
Municipal Solid Waste (MSW)
- Must be bagged at all times, including waste hauled in small bale trucks with dump bins.
- Small amounts of furniture and beds over 4 ft in length are permitted to be placed outside transfer station in designated area.
- NO hazardous, medical, or liquid waste accepted of any kind.
- NO burning barrels or ashes permitted at Transfer Stations or Landfill
Recycle Area Tire Marshal Areas (TMA)
- Tires must be free of all debris including tubes, rims, and protective wrap.
- Tires must remain in a uniform manner within designated area – fill area from back to front.
- If tires do not meet recycling guidelines, they are to be diverted to Landfill and a tipping fee will apply.
Burn Pit (Clean Wood)
- NO railway ties, treated wood, stained, painted or debris of any kind.
- Single trunk trees over 6 inches in diameter cut into 12-inch lengths and root ball separate
- Multi trunks shrubs and bushes will be permitted in burn pit with root ball attached
- NO dump trucks or trailer permitted to access burn pit. Any large loads must be diverted to the Landfill and a tipping fee will apply.
Scrap Metal – NO Scrap Metal accepted in Hanna Transfer Station Building at any time.
- NO SCAVENGING AT ANY TIME.
- Scrap Metal that meets recycling guidelines must go to designated areas outside transfer station building.
- If Scrap Metal does not meet recycle guidelines it will be diverted to the Youngstown Landfill and tipping fee will apply.
Scrap Metal- White goods (dishwashers, dryers, washing machines, hot water tanks
- Must be empty and free of debris.
- All material must be diverted to designated recycle area outside transfer station. If item does not meet recycle guidelines, it will be diverted to the Youngstown Landfill and tipping fee will apply.
Scrap Wire – NO Scrap Wire accepted in Transfer Station Building. Must be free off all debris and tightly rolled and secured.
- NO dump trucks or dump trailers permitted. (small amounts only).
- Scrap barb wire that meets recycle guidelines must diverted to designated recycle area outside transfer station.
- All wire that does not meet recycle guidelines to be diverted to Youngstown Landfill where a tipping fee will apply.
Propane Bottles Recycled at Hanna Transfer Station.
- NO BOTTLES ACCEPTED IN THE TRANSFER STATION BUILDING’S OR YOUNGSTOWN
- LANDFILL AT ANY TIME.
- NO BOTTLES ACCEPTED IN SCRAP AREA AT ANY TIME.
- Propane bottle recycling offered at Hanna Transfer Station or Tank Traders facility.
- All bottles must have valve open or removed.
- No bottles accepted over 100 lbs capacity.
- All propane bottles to be diverted to designated recycle area located outside Transfer Station.
Cardboard and Mixed Paper Recycling
- Cardboard and mixed paper to be diverted to designated recycle area provided.
- All carboard and mixed paper must be bagged if not recycled.
- To be placed in designated area in containers supplied.
- Paint containers must not be damaged, leaking, or missing labels to be recycled. If material does not meet recycle guidelines it is to be diverted to Youngstown Landfill by appointment and tipping fee will apply.
Fridges, Freezers, Water Coolers, Air Conditioners – Cessford, Consort, Empress, Hanna, Acadia, Monitor, Oyen, Veteran, Youngstown
- Must be recycled in upright position with doors facing each other in a row to allow access to freon.
- Units must be checked to ensure they are empty of all waste material.
** There will be a $15.00/unit fee invoiced to customer for Freon removal.
Agricultural Waste Disposal & Recycling
GRAIN BAG & TWINE RECYCLING NOW AVAILABLE
Rolled grain bags and bagged twine can be dropped off, free of charge at the BCWMC Youngstown Landfill. Grain bags and twine must be prepared properly prior to drop off – keeping contamination to a minimum and maximizes the recyclability of the material.
- Grain bags ONLY – shake to remove debris; roll tightly and secured with twine.
- Twine ONLY – Bagged, clean, dry, loosely packed and free of all debris.
- Any products not meeting specified requirements will be subject to a landfill tipping fee.
- Youngstown Landfill will be the designated recycling collection site (all other transfer stations will not accept these materials)
- Please make appointment by phone, or by person before bringing eligible materials to either site.
- Youngstown Landfill (403-857-9300)
- Visit www.cleanfarms.ca to learn more about how to properly prepare your grain bags and twine for recycling and more news about the program.
MATERIALS NOT ACCEPTED – SILEAGE BAGS, BALE WRAP/NETTING, OR GRAIN BAGS AND TWINE NOT PREPARED PROPERLY.
MATERIAL NOT PREPARED PROPERLY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR RECYCLING; RESULTING IN A TONNAGE RATE FOR DISPOSAL AT YOUNGSTOWN LANDFILL
Chemical/Pesticide Jug Storage Recycling Area
Empty clean plastic agricultural chemical containers, 20 L or less, free of cardboard packaging and all liquid. All chemical and pesticide jugs must be bagged. Bags are to be acquired from supplier.
Any empty containers that do not meet guidelines must be diverted to Youngstown Landfill where a tipping fee will apply.
Batteries – Hanna Transfer Station Only
- All batteries accepted in designated areas
Electronics Recycling (E-waste)
- All E-waste accepted in designated areas.
NO dead animals accepted at Transfer Station or Landfill.
Animal Waste – MUST be double bagged.
- Must be diverted to designated area.
- Only leaves and grass.
- NO OTHER DEBRIS OF ANY KIND.
Burning Barrels Are Not Permitted
NO burning barrels, fire pits, ashes accepted at Transfer Stations or Landfill at anytime. Even if the customer states that they have been distinguished for a lengthy time.
NO loads of Dirt, Waste, Gravel, Concrete, Sewage, Sludge or Seed.